Silicon Valley Education Foundation (SVEF) focuses on raising student performance in the critical areas of math and science across all 31 Santa Clara County school districts. Our goal is to be the leading advocate for public education in our region. We are known for our clear focus on achieving results, partnering, and emphasizing creativity and innovation. Beyond serving students, teachers, and administrators, we provide value to the larger community by making investing in education easy.
Why We Matter
There has never been a more critical time to improve our schools. We must ensure our future workforce is prepared to take on the technological and business challenges that lie ahead. With an increasing gap of qualified workers to take over Silicon Valley jobs, our future as the heart of U.S. innovation is at risk.
What We Do
Everything we do supports our objective of Silicon Valley being the number one geographic area in California in the percentage of high school graduates academically prepared for college and careers. Our vision is to transform Silicon Valley into a model for enhancing public education, and we do this by leveraging partnerships and resources for public education so all students can realize their full potential.
How We Do It
SVEF takes a systematic approach to supporting students, educators, and school districts. This approach combines policy advocacy, direct service programs, and resources for innovation to elevate achievement.
– Policy Advocacy – We work tirelessly to promote policy changes that raise the bar for all students. We work with school district leaders to provide the information and relationships needed for change. In addition, we publish policy papers and organize community education forums to foster conversation on important education topics.
– Direct Service Programs – We provide direct service programs that target subjects students struggle with most. Our flagship program, Elevate [Math], prepares incoming 8th graders to successfully complete Algebra I (or Common Core equivalent), which is one of the strongest indicators of high school and college completion. Elevate [Science], prepares incoming 9th graders for their first laboratory science class.
– Resources for Innovation – For positive change in education to become viral, SVEF disseminates tools and resources for innovation throughout the community. We built the Learning Innovation Hub to bring together EdTech entrepreneurs and teachers to build better technology products for our classrooms. We know if we put the right tools in the hands of our educators, they will successfully help students take charge of their own learning.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As we continue to grow and embark on our mission to improve education in Silicon Valley, we have a great opportunity for an experienced educator and EdTech aficionado. Under general direction, assist in executing the strategy of the Learning Innovation Hub (iHub) for SVEF.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
● Continuously monitor developments in the EdTech arena, research successful programs and introduce new ideas to further the utilization of EdTech in the targeted school districts.
● Monitor the iterative loop that pairs EdTech entrepreneurs with teachers to build a feedback cycle for effective products.
● Establish metrics to document and ensure that EdTech programs meet stated objectives and oversee data collection and analysis for EdTech evaluation purposes.
● Participate in establishing and cultivating collaborative partnerships with other nonprofit organizations, state and local government agencies, and community leaders in support of EdTech.
● Monitor the annual iHub budget and execute according to the plan.
● Provide support and leadership for grants, special projects, events or fundraisers in support of EdTech.
● Participate in SVEF’s efforts to develop and implement activities to identify, solicit, involve and retain donors.
● A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and at least 3 years of classroom or school site management experience.
● Demonstrated program and project management skills.
● Demonstrated knowledge of STEM and EdTech.
● Demonstrated commitment to the mission of SVEF.
● Demonstrated operational planning skills.
● Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
● Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
● Demonstrated written and verbal skills to influence, negotiate, coach, inspire and motivate individuals and teams.
● Working knowledge of Google Apps for Education, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office.
Salary and Benefits: We offer competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental and vision.
To Apply: Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Arati Nagaraj at email@example.com. Describe in your cover letter why you are interested in Silicon Valley Education Foundation and how your experience matches with our needs. Please include your salary requirements.
Don’t see anything that fits you? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll reach out to you if something opens up.