Silicon Valley Education Foundation (SVEF) is the largest educational nonprofit in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to deliver and advocate for STEM education that inspires underserved students to succeed in college and careers. We are guided by the belief that all students are capable of pursuing higher education and boosting their future economic mobility regardless of their background. SVEF has an established legacy of providing proven STEM programs and being profoundly committed to empowering students to graduate high school career and college ready. The impact of our work is evident in our strong partnerships with districts and donors in closing the achievement gap and the creation of a workforce that has the skills to meet 21st century needs.
Position: Program Manager
Manage and implement projects associated with the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) initiatives for SVEF. Reports to the Director of Elevate [Math] as part of the overall program team to support the SVEF mission and goals.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategic Planning & Leadership
•Implement SVEF educational programs such as Elevate [Math] and Elevate [Science]; assist with day to day logistical planning and interaction with the school districts, teachers, and other partners
• Collaborate with other education partners including other nonprofits and the business community
• Continuously monitor developments in the STEM arena, research successful programs and introduce new ideas to further the utilization of STEM in targeted school districts.
• Provide support in the implementation of strategic initiatives to continually refine and improve SVEF education initiatives while meeting measurable goals and objectives.
• Develop and communicate an implementation plan with specific goals, time frames and resource requirements.
• Ensure consistent and responsive delivery of high-quality projects/services
• Develop and oversee STEM projects/services to achieve the Foundation’s mission. • Establish metrics to document and ensure that projects meet stated objectives and oversee data collection and analysis for project evaluation purposes.
• Participate in establishing and cultivating collaborative partnerships with other nonprofit organizations, state and local government agencies, and community leaders in support of STEM.
• Support and engage in staff development programs to enhance skills and abilities to provide for professional growth.
• Provide support for grants, special projects, events or fundraisers in support of STEM.
• Participate in SVEF’s efforts to develop and implement activities to identify, solicit, involve and retain donors.
• A Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated program and project management skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to the mission of SVEF.
• Demonstrated operational planning skills.
• Marketing and sales skills and experience
• Ability to lead, influence and motivate individuals and teams (staff, volunteers, Advisory Boards, community, etc).
• Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
• Strong decision making, organization, planning and implementation skills.
• Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated written and verbal skills to communicate, influence, negotiate, coach, inspire and motivate.
• Experience developing and managing project financial plans, forecasts and budgets.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications and Google docs.
• Willingness to learn and evidence of a strong work ethic as part of a team.
Preferred Start Date and Salary Parameters
Preferred start in April 2019, salary commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter and resume to Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t see anything that fits you? Send your resume to email@example.com and we’ll reach out to you if something opens up.