College Day Sticker Design Contest
SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS ON MAY 1, 2020!
In 2019, Silicon Valley Education Foundation and College Day committee launched the county-wide College Day Sticker Design Contest. This year, we are making this an annual tradition for our K-12 students! We are awarding one student per school level (elementary, middle/jr, and high school) and selecting only one design for the final print.
The 2019 winning sticker was designed by Khanh Vien Tong, a freshman attending Piedmont Hills High School (East Side Union High School District).
Here are the competition guidelines:
- Stickers must be a pennant. The winning image will be sized to fit on 3”x4” (height x width) pennant-size sticker.
- Only digital submissions (JPEG, PNG, AI.file, PSD). All images be submitted as a high-resolution, Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop file AND a jpeg created at 300 dpi or higher.
- Design requirement: Sticker designs must be original work and include the words “College Day 2020”
- Eligibility: The contest is open to any K-12 students in Santa Clara County, but entrants are limited to one design per student.
- Permissions: Entrants assert that they either own or have the rights to all content used in their designs. Entrants using third-party material (i.e. material not owned by entrant) must have received explicit permission from the owner to use these materials. The burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright, trademark, rights of privacy, publicity, or any other proprietary rights rests with the entrant. The entrant shall bear the sole liability for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. In addition, entrants grant the Silicon Valley Education Foundation royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to the images.
- Judging: Designs will be judged according to creativity and overall design. There will be one winning student per school level (elementary, middle/jr, and high school), but only one final design will be selected by the College Day Committee in the blind review process.
- Prize: The chosen design will be printed for thousands of students in Santa Clara County and many more gifts to come!